The Teething Nightmare

Liberty on The Teething Day
Madison on The Teething Day

If I could wish away one trial as a parent it would be teething!! This last week the girls had what I believe was their first joint teething day. Liberty has always received her teeth early compared to the above chart and is now getting her 2 year molars in (even though she is not yet 2) and Madison is getting her central incisors on the top in. Whoa man was I glad when that day was over!! It seemed like one melt down after another. I felt like I was trying everything to comfort my two cranky girls. I think they thought I was trying to torture them as I gave them a cold washcloth. We have 4 teething rings in the house somewhere and I couldn't find a one. I took them out of the house thinking a distraction would do the trick. Boy was I lucky they didn't have a total melt down while out. Whew dodged that bullet! However, a few friends did notice their change in demeanor from pleasant happy girls to just down right angry at the world. Of course after the dreaded day that I now refer to as "Teething Day" I visited the handy dandy BabyCenter and realized I could have been doing more to comfort my poor little ladies. Would never have thought of the following; freezing a pacifer, frozen foods, and completely forgot about the mesh food binkie bag we have. Thank heavens teething doesn't last forever!

2 Happy Girls Later That Week




No comments:

Post a Comment