Being Thankful



In my attempts over the last week to cut out unnecessary use of laptop and TV while the girls are awake I have been posting a little less in here. I mean let's face it getting two children to nap at the same time isn't that easy and who has energy at the end of a busy day. During this time I have begun to really realize all of the things in my life I am thankful for. I guess with my mind working clearer and actually having the time to think without the excessive use of electronics I have noticed more of the things I have always had that I don't always fully appreciate. My husband for starters! I love him and I am unbelievable thankful for him as the love of my life, my best friend, husband, father, daddy, provider, and inspirational supporter. I don't know if I could ever live without him. :-) Then there is Liberty who is so silly, fun, tiny, and full of so much cuddles and kisses lately. :-) Madison is so happy, easygoing, extra chunky, and also full of cuddles and even big slobbery kisses. :-) Our dogs are great "protectors" and lovers, and our cat is incredibly social for a cat! Plus, there are a million other small yet big things to be thankful for like; the redemption of Jesus, our beautiful home, more than enough to eat, a bed to sleep in at night, being a stay at home mom, all of us being healthy, living so close to family, and so so so much more!! I am just ridiculously thankful!!!  

Here is an interesting article about how to be thankful that I think is pretty insightful to why I am thankful.

(Here are some highlights from the article.)
1. See with the heart.
2. Change your language.
3. Get a gratitude partner.
4. Remember.
5. Keep a gratitude journal.
6. Write a thank you letter.
7. Make a gratitude visit.
8. Start a gratitude club.
9. Acknowledge yourself.
10. Accept a gift.
11. Pray.
12. Give back.

Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment