I REALLY Needed a Win

As I really had barely any ingredients in order to bake today I did a recipe that I am actually familiar with. Plus, with the complete and utter failure from yesterday I REALLY needed a win. Also, I have yet to go shopping to get supplies to be able to bake any other recipe from my mom's cookbook. As I have found I have no baking or cooking supplies of any kind. With 2 toddlers in the house I am lucky if I get a shower every day, so let's give me a break okay. Alright so here is day 2.
Danish Pancakes (Crepes)
Recipe
  • per person
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • a pinch of salt
  • butter
    • melt butter in frying pan
    • heat the pan on "medium high"
    • pour batter into pan into a thin layer
    • flip when edges start to "curl" a little
    • let the pancake cook until edges begin to "curl" again
    • best if served with butter, sugar, jelly, or powdered sugar
Okay you can just go ahead and call me "crazy organized lady" now.


I don't think you can see the edges of the pancake curling, but that is what I was hoping to capture in this photo.


They turned out delicious!!!!


My extremely picky toddlers were really not a fan. This is not surprising though, since lately if it is not in a tortilla or toast they have no interest to consume it. No leftovers remained! I had at least four and my husband added eggs (as he does any breakfast food) and really enjoyed them.

YUMMY!!!!

Things I've Learned

  • I LOVE recipes that are simple with few ingredients. These tasted amazing and had half the ingredients needed to make the muffins yesterday.
  • Once I know a recipe pretty well I can tweak it a little with minimal fear of totally ruining it!
  • I can cook! I just need the supplies (and maybe a little more confidence) in order for the food to be edible!
  • Doing cooking prep directly next to a sink makes life way easier!!!!
A day of my husband having to beg for food avoided!


No comments:

Post a Comment