Perfect Omelet

Happy New Year! I was in a rush this morning so I made an omelet. 


Omelet
  • eggs
  • 2-3 toppings (precooked meats and vegetables, shredded cheese, sliced herbs, etc)
  • water
    • Have your toppings ready before you start cooking eggs. Add a splash of water to eggs and whisk with fork. Heat non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add enough butter to coat the bottom of the pan. The pan is ready when foam from the butter subsides. Pour egg mixture into pan, then let the eggs set along the edges. Using a spatula, pull the eggs in from all four sides toward the center, allowing the liquid eggs to flow underneath the set ones. Add toppings. Fold one side of the omelet with a spatula. Tilt the skillet to fold the final third of the omelet over, then turn the skillet a little more so the omelet falls onto the plate fold side down.

Ha ha ha I still haven't gone shopping, so I choose my 3 toppings of pepperoni, cheese and salsa.


I tried milk instead of water.


It looked great...





... before folding. :-\




It was delicious, but it didn't look pretty! 



Things I've Learned
  • Omelets are amazing even when made with hardly any supplies!
  • I needed to use less butter to heat the pan. I felt like maybe that is why my egg fell apart or maybe I over stuffed it?
  • Sleeping in is not allowed when you are trying to make breakfasts. 
  • Seriously how do you really make a "perfect" omelet? Is there some secret I over looked or is it really just practice makes perfect?
Jason took some for lunch, but the girls just had toast and raisins for breakfast. 

Hope everyone has a happy new year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment