Mini Calzones

Today I used this Freezer Pizza Bite Recipe/idea to make a pretty awesome lunch.

Mini Calzones
  • Pizza dough
  • Pizza sauce
  • Your favorite pizza toppings
    • Make your favorite pizza dough! (I made my bread machine pizza dough for convenience.)Roll out very thin. Cut circles in the dough. Put on your favorite sauce and toppings. (I tried to make sure most of the sauce and toppings were right in the middle, so they could be pinched closed.) Fold and then press the dough closed using your finger tips. Place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. 
    • I didn't have the fancy tool they had on the recipe page, so I adjusted the recipe a bit.


Mini Calzones
Have my dough and toppings ready to go.
I used a lid to cut the dough into circles.
Then I just used my fingers to press together.
Yummy smell coming from the oven.
Riddle me this... my girls like pizza,
but they don't like these... ugh picky toddlers!
I served it up right though!

Things I've Learned

  • I don't have to have the fancy tools to make some pretty delicious meals!!!!
  • My kids are just too ridiculously picky. It is out of control... they love pizza, but they hated these. I think looks of their food does matter to my children. To them new looking means bad or not worth trying. It is pretty frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment