Older Kids Give Me a Break

This last week the girls' older cousins were visiting for a few days. They did so well at taking care of my girls. It surprised me at how little work taking care of children that age can be. I was worried I wouldn't be able to provide fun things for them to do, since they are 8 and 10 and my girls are 1 and 2. My sister informed me that they keep telling her I am the best Aunt ever, so I guess I must have been kind of fun. :-)

Their time here was like a mini vacation for me! Whenever one of the little girls would cry or fuss the big cousins were there to try and cheer them up and play with them. Plus, it is amazing what great helpers they were with everything else!!!!

Another thing that totally baffled me was being able to tell them to eat, shower, get dressed for the day, and clean up. I am sure all the parents out there with older kids are thinking that children that are 8 and 10 should be able to do all of those things, but for a mommy with two girls ages 2 and 1 it is really something to be amazed about!!!!

Anyways while they were here:

The gamer kids played Wii.

These cute girls had a tea party. 

We went to the playground.



After the little girls went to bed we roasted smores'!









The girls played dress up.



We went to another park!



They read books...

...and napped.

Then we had tons of fun at the drive in!!!!





The girls and I were sad when we had to take them home, because we just had too much fun!!!!









1 comment:

  1. That was so awesome! Thanks for sharing this awesome experience with us! Love ya

    ReplyDelete