Black Bean Chili

I did another freezer meal recipe today and made the Crockpot Black Bean Chili.

Black Bean Chili
Crockpot Black Bean Chili Recipe
  • 1 lb ground beef cooked and drained (I forgot the beef.)
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 medium green pepper chopped
  • 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (I bought 14 oz cans, so I added an extra can.)
  • 2 12 oz cans of black beans (or kidney or pinto beans if you prefer)
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 Tbs cumin
  • 1 Tbs chili powder
    • Place all items in freezer bag, lay flat, and freeze. When ready to cook, place all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve with warm cornbread muffins and enjoy!

Things I've Learned
  • I love love love that this site has a shopping list to print at the bottom of the page! It was so handy to have while out shopping!!!! Even though I still accidentally forgot the beef. Ooops.
  • I can't stress this enough if you have room in the freezer and a small crockpot DO NOT lay flat to freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment