2 under 2

2 Can Be A Handful


People often ask me " is taking care of 2 under 2 terrible". I guess since in the question there is already an answer I often respond with something like "Oh yeah" or "You have no idea" or an exaggerated "YES". 

I realize now after thinking about it that in general being a parent is hard work no matter what. 2 under 2, or 10 year apart siblings, or many sibling (spaced all sorts of ways), or only one child.

Maybe one of the biggest reasons parenting can be so hard at times is how fast they change. I constantly have to adjust our routine around as the children get older or go through different things (such as teething). It surprises me how often something that worked fine for the past week may not work so great the next (like both girls going to bed at 8 can change the next week to where one goes to bed earlier and the other later). Change is a constant part of being a parent. 

Or Maybe it is the fact that hey you are taking care of someone that relies on you 100% to take care of them and love them, which means often your own needs have to wait. I am sure over the past almost two years I have made plenty of bottles and changed plenty of diapers while I was hungry or needed to go to the bathroom myself. Thankfully that percentage of care does go down a little every year, but I don't think it ever goes to zero. I still need my mommy and daddy on occasion even if it is not to change my diaper or feed me (which I am sure they are thankful for), but I still love to talk to them and have them show interest in me and my family.

Whatever the reason being a parent is hard, because there is a lot of work you have to place into loving and nurturing another human being!! 


2 Can Be Fun 2