Banana Bread Oatmeal

Alright I fell behind with my New Year's Resolution, so I'm looking to catch up and do double recipes for a while. Hopefully, I can still cook 365 recipes by the end of the year.
Well, today for breakfast I made this Banana Bread Oatmeal recipe

Banana Bread Oatmeal
I thought this was a little soggy and lacked flavor.
Banana Bread Oatmeal Recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (I only had a cup.)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg (I didn't have any.)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (We aren't really fans of nuts.)
    • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas well with a fork. Measure the bananas to make sure you have about 1 1/2 cups. Whisk the mashed bananas together with the brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Next whisk in the milk and stir in the oats. Roughly chop the walnuts and stir them in as well. Spray the inside of an 8x8 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in the oat mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until the center is solid and the edges are slightly golden brown. Serve warm or refrigerate and enjoy cold!
All the ingredients.
Getting ready to add the oats and milk.
Everything mixed in.
Ready to go in the oven!
Yummy smelling and looking!
Things I've Learned

  • I wasn't really that impressed with this recipe, because I felt like it was soggy and lacked flavor. I typically like my oatmeal with yogurt though, so I added some on top and it tasted great.
  • This seemed like a lot of work and time in the oven to basically make oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment