Kalua Pork... kind of

I made this pork roast last week, but it really turned out nothing like the recipe I used.
Kalua Pork
So good, but not really what the recipe had in mind.
Kalua Pork Recipe
  • 1 2.5-3.5 (lb?) boneless pork shoulder (butt) roast
  • pink Hawaiian sea salt
  • hickory-flavored liquid smoke
    • Basically I rinsed the pork roast and patted it dry. I pierced the entire roast with a fork. I covered in the barbecue sauce and cooked on low for 6 hours. I cut it then I cooked on high for 1 hour. It was a little dry, since I hardly ever have meat though, it was delicious!
I couldn't find 2 of the 3 ingredients I needed,
so I improvised.
I cut the roast open, and checked the temp.
Plus, I cooked on high another hour after cutting.
Good, but a little dry.
Things I've Learned

  • I don't feel like I learned anything. If anything the recipe had me a little confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment