Crock Pot BBQ Wings

I made this root beer honey BBQ wings recipe yesterday to continue using the 3 ingredient crock pot recipes. I think I need a break from crock pot this week though. I am kind of tired of doing dishes by hand all the time or having a sink full of dishes.
Root Beet Honey BBQ Wings
They were okay, but the BBQ didn't really stick to the wings.
Crockpot Root Beet Honey BBQ Wings Recipe

  • Approx. 12-14 chicken wings, thawed
  • 1 bottle honey barbecue sauce (18 oz)
  • 1/2 can root beer
    • Place chicken wings in crockpot. Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. After cooking remove juices from crockpot. In a separate bowl, combine root beer and BBQ sauce and stir well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 30 more minutes, or until done. Enjoy!

All you need.
Eh... they tasted okay.
Things I've Learned
  • I have to plan my time out of the house around when my crockpot recipe will be done. I cooked the last half hour of this recipe on low for one hour, because I had to go shopping. It feel off the bones super easy because of it though. Which I found as a bonus. 
  • I need to just cut out soda from these types of recipes. I think they help keep the chicken moist, but they also make the BBQ sauce slide right off the chicken. Next time I will cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, drain the chicken, and then just cover with BBQ sauce and cook for a half hour. (Excluding the Root Beer.)
  • I should have cut the wings down a bit. I didn't want to be wasteful, but the couple of edges of the wings aren't really eatable. I should have cut them off before baking. Oh well I will know for next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment