Slow Cooker Failure - Salsa Chicken

I actually had a crock pot failure a couple of days ago with this crock pot salsa chicken recipe . Luckily I had a recipe I have used for a long time that I love, so I used that as a fall back recipe.
Salsa Chicken

We typically shred the chicken and mix in some corn and rice.
Then eat them as burritos! Delicious!!!!
Salsa Chicken Recipe
  • 6 chicken breast, skinless, boneless
  • 1 jar mild salsa
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
    • Place chicken in crockpot and cover with salsa. Cook anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours on high. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Take a baking dish and carefully place chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes. 
At 2 hours on high the chicken was still not done. I think I should have not used frozen chicken. 

I switched to this recipe I have had for a long time. I am not sure where I got it from, but it is by far the easiest best recipe to cook chicken I have come across so far.

Mexican Chicken Recipe
  • boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 jar (16 oz) salsa
  • 2 cups (16 oz) shredded cheese
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9x13 pan cover the chicken breasts with salsa. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes longer. Cover chicken with cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes longer. Serve with rice and/or tortilla chips and corn, and enjoy!
I think the chicken should not have been frozen.
The chicken was still raw. :-(
This is from my old baking method. Always delicious!!!!
Things I've Learned

  • If you have a recipe that works for you don't trying to make it a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment