French Toast Bake

I prepared this French Toast Casserole Recipe last night and baked it for breakfast this morning.

The French Toast Bake
I liked the top layer, but the bottom layer was a little soggy.

French Toast Casserole Recipe

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
  • Brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon (enough to sprinkle)
  • 1 loaf french toast bread (I used my home made bread maker bread with white whole wheat flour.)
  • butter (for spreading)
  • pecans (if desired)
    • Melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir until mixed. Spread butter/brown sugar mixture into bottom of 9x13 pan. Beat eggs, milk, vanilla, & powdered sugar. Lay down layer of french toast bread (cut off crusts if desired). Ladle on half of egg mixture. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon (and pecans if you like). Spread thin layer of butter on one side of french toast bread for next layer (cut crusts if desired). Lay down second layer of bread, butter side up. Ladle rest of egg mixture over top. sprinkle with white sugar and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning remove from refrigerator uncover and preheat oven to 350F. Once preheated cook for 45 minutes and enjoy.


Before Baking
After Baking

Things I've Learned

  • The next time I try this recipe I may 1/2 the recipe and only do 1 layer of bread. I thought the second layer was kind of soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment