Meticulously Measured

Tuesday, I decided to see what would happen if I measured the ingredients for the bread recipe meticulously!

Country White Bread
Country White Bread Recipe- 2 lb. loaf

  • 1 cup warm milk (110-115 F)
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast.
    • Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan. Use your finger to from a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour into well. Snap the bread pan into the breadmaker and close the lid. Press the "Menu Select" button to choose the Basic setting. Press the "Loaf Size" button to choose 2lb. Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, medium, dark, or rapid crust. Press the "Start/Stop" button.
    Here is my milk.
    Here is my butter and egg.
    Here is my salt.
Here is my flour.


Here is my sugar.
Here is my yeast.
Here is all of my ingredients in the bread machine.

It did rise in the machine.
The bread still caved in!!!!
Things I've Learned
  • Well measuring meticulously didn't work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment