Mashed Potatoes

I am so thankful my mom was available to help me figure out what to do in order to make mashed potatoes. I felt like most of the recipes online were kind of complex and hard to follow.
Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Recipe
  • Potatoes
  • Water
  • Butter
  • Milk
    • Wash the potatoes and skin if desired. Cut potatoes, the thinner the potato the faster it cooks. I did bite sized pieces and covered with water in a pot. Then I cooked for 20-30 minutes covered with a lid. Once the potatoes fall apart easily when stabbed with a fork they are all done. Then you drain them, throw them in a large bowl, add some milk and a little butter to taste and desired consistency,  and finally use a hand mixer to mix everything together. You can add seasoning also. I didn't add seasoning though, since I had gravy ready to go! Then enjoy some delicious potatoes!

Wash
Peel and Cut
Cover with your lid to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Cooked
Add milk and butter. Then mix.
Things I've Learned

  • The smaller the potato piece the faster it cooks
  • If the potato breaks apart easily when stabbed by a fork the potatoes are ready to be mashed.
  • The sauce from the Ranch Pork Chops is amazing as a gravy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment