Wheat Bread, White Whole Wheat Flour Pizza Dough, Calzones, Mini Pizzas, and White Whole Wheat Quick Bread

I've fallen pretty terribly behind with my blog posting. This is what I did over last weekend. First, I made some wheat bread that was delicious. Plus, it looked beautiful with the salt and sugar not touching the yeast trick. Also, I did a couple recipes with white whole wheat flour.

100% Whole Wheat Bread
100% Whole Wheat Bread - 2 lb. loaf
  • 1 and 5/8 cups water
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 4 and 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
    • Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well. Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid. Press the "Menu Select" button to choose the Whole Wheat setting. Press the "Loaf Size" button to choose 2lb. Press the "Crust Color" button to choose light, medium, dark, or rapid crust. Press the "Start/Stop" button.

I am a little messy with my cooking on the weekends.
I like to take my time and relax.
Mixing time.
It looked and tasted delicious!
Yum!
Things I've Learned
  • I am getting better at slicing bread thin. It makes it more workable for sandwiches and toast.

Pizza Crust
Pizza Crust Recipe - 1.5 lb dough
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used White Whole Wheat Flour)
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
    • Measure all ingredients into bread pan. Press the "Menu Select" button to choose the dough setting. Press the "Start/Stop" button. The display will begin counting down the time on the Dough setting. When dough is ready, the unit will signal and the display will read "0:00". To remove the bread pan, grasp the handle firmly and lift the pan out. Pat dough into a 12 x 15 inch jelly roll pan or greased 12 inch round or 14 inch round pizza pan. Preheat oven to 400F. Spread pizza sauce over dough. Sprinkle toppings over sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. 
    • In order to make Calzones and 2 mini pizzas I divided the dough into thirds. Made 2 mini pizzas for my girls using 1/3 of the dough. I added the toppings and baked at 400F for 15 minutes. Then I rolled out 2 long rectangles for the Calzones. I added the toppings folded both ends over and pinched the 2 remaining sides (for each Calzone). Then I baked at 400F for 15 minutes.
White Whole Wheat Flour is apparently healthier for you,
so I decided to give a few recipes a try.
Pizza Dough

I made little pizzas for the girls and Calzones for Jason and I.
Pizza sauce, cheese, and turkey pepperoni. Yum!
I think I did a pretty nice job.
Seriously awesome!!!!


The girls little pizzas turned out well too.
Thing's I've Learned
  • I can make things by just being creative. I didn't need a recipe to make Calzones. I was able to just figure it out as I go. 
White Bread - Expressbake
White Bread Recipe- 1.5 lb loaf
  • 1 cup and 2 tablespoons hot water (115-125F)
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups bread flour (I used White Whole Wheat Flour)
  • 5 teaspoons fast rising yeast
    • Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan. Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour into the well. Snap the baking pan into the breadmaker and close the lid. Press the "Menu Select" button to choose the Express Bake setting, 1.5 or 2 pound loaves. Press the "Start/Stop" button.  
It looked and tasted great!
I am getting better at slicing thin.
Things I've Learned

  • White whole wheat flour may actually taste better than making with white flour. The bread seemed fuller and more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment