An Attempt at Bread


I attempted a wheat bread recipe today... it was more like under cooked flat bread. :-/

Wheat Bread
Wheat Bread Recipe
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 3 Tbs. yeast
  • 1 Tbs. honey
  • 1 cup white flour
  • 3 Tbs. salt
  • 3 cups wheat flour or more
  • 4 cups water
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup melted margarine
    • Dissolve yeast and honey in water and let stand. Mix together remaining ingredients and add yeast mixture. Knead together for about 10 minutes. Let rise for 1-2 hours. Shape into rolls or bread pans. Let rise for another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.

Maybe my dough was too soup-y?

I wasn't really going for flat bread.

It tasted okay, but maybe not done all the way?

Things I've Learned
  • Baking may be best if done later in the day or at least after coffee has settled in. I didn't mix well or follow the recipe the best way possible.
  • Kneading bread when you have nothing to listen to is pretty darn boring!!!!
  • I may need to just bake straight in the pan without wax paper. That may have affected the turn out?
  • Finish a project start to finish. Jason finished the remainder of the rising and baking for me. He is known for being an oven opener, so I think that may be the reason the bread collapsed. At the same time though I didn't do the best with the recipe, and I was there to know for sure if opening the oven was an issue.
  • Alright when going shopping for yeast I had no idea what to get. I felt like a deer in headlights! I bought “Active Dry Yeast”. Did I get the right kind?
This will need to be a recipe I retry!!!! Luckily my family loves bread no matter what, so one loaf is already gone even with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment