French Toast Cake

Luckily this morning I found another incredibly easy recipe in my grandma's cookbook.


German Pancake

German Pancake Recipe
  • 3 Tbs butter
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • pinch of salt
    • Melt butter in 9" square baking dish. Beat together flour, milk, eggs, and salt. Pour batter into baking dish. Bake 10-15 minutes at 450 degrees. Serve with syrup.

This was an easy quick recipe to make. I love easy quick recipes!

I used an 8" square baking dish. I wonder how thin it would have been if I used my 9"x13" dish instead?

It looked pretty amazing and done at 10 minutes.

I felt like there maybe wasn't going to be enough for the 4 of us, so I added yogurt and watermelon as a side.

Madison almost threw up while trying it, and she was sure to tell her daddy when he was eating "daddy don't throw up". Libby didn't even try it. Jason and I both thought they tasted just like french toast though. Delicious!!!!


Things I've Learned
  • I don't have a 9" square baking dish. Maybe I should have gone a dish size up rather than down?
  • This recipe really only feeds 2 people. I may need to double it if my children ever like it. Which guessing from the gagging noises from Madison may be never? :-\
  • I maybe need to consider having a throw up bucket ready for my kids during this experimental process.
  • An easy way to get that french toast taste without using precious bread needed for school lunches.
I am open to any advice I can get when it comes to baking and advice for cooking in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment