Ham Brunch Casserole

Made a ham (well turkey bacon) brunch casserole today!

Ham Brunch Casserole
Ham Brunch Casserole Recipe

  • 4 slices cubed bread
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • Thin slices of ham
  • 12 beaten eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 chopped green onions
    • Place ham in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Mix liquid ingredients together. Stir in bread crumbs and pour over ham. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes at 325. Test with knife into center. Let stand 5 minutes.

I covered with cheese and did not add the green onions, since they were no longer good onions. I am sure Jason was happy to not have them in. Also, I used turkey bacon instead of ham and put in a little garlic and herb seasoning.

It turned out delicious! With lots of leftovers!!!!


This is how it looked before baking.

Things I've Learned

  • Seasoning added to a dish like this can really make a pretty big difference.
  • This recipe is kind of a large recipe for my family. I may need to cut it in half next time.
  • I think I am starting to feel more comfortable switching out ingredients, ie. turkey bacon for ham and apples for raspberries (from yesterday).
  • If I want to make a recipe with fresh veggies or fruits I have to make it at the beginning of the week before they go bad. :-/
  • I am also getting more confident in cooking. Especially since my kind amazing husband is constantly praising the food I make. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment