Let's Retry This

Okay so the first experience in baking really didn't go well, since I was short supplies I needed. Well today I decide to retry this recipe. I'm not going to lie I was a little afraid to try them. Just thinking about them gave me Stevia taste even though I have sugar now. They taste okay! Nothing special though. Maybe I will add raisins or chocolate chips or something next time.

Muffins Recipe
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup oil
    • Cream together egg, oil, sugar, and milk. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Scoop into greased muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.



Libby was awake incredibly early this morning (4:30am*sigh/yawn*), so she was able to help me out with the re-try of the muffins.

Things I've Learned
  • Don't try and make a recipe work if you don't have all the supplies. Unless of course you know the appropriate substitute, that actually tastes good, unlike Stevia. Yuck! Yup I still can't get over how gross it was!
  • Plus, the baking time is kind of long. It is not really a last minute breakfast.
  • I like that there isn't really many ingredients, but I don't like that it doesn't really make many muffins. We got less than 1 1/2 dozen out of the deal. Luckily we still have muffins left over from yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment