Wear an Apron

This morning was an early work day for me, followed by taking Libby to school, followed by a play date, and then clean-up, lunch, books, and now nap, so I haven't really had time to post about breakfast this morning. Anyways, now that you have heard my whole life story let's talk about food, I made griddle cakes.

Fannie Farmer's Famous Griddle Cakes
Griddle Cake Recipe
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups milk 
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter
    • Mix together dry ingredients. Beat egg and add milk and pour slowly on dry mixture. Beat thoroughly and add butter.
I am not the best at anything cooking related, as I am sure most have figured out by now, so I feel silly even asking. Were this supposed to be cooked in a pan like pancakes? Well I did that on medium low heat. They tasted okay, so I am assuming that is what I was supposed to do. :-/


Madison informed me while eating that she "made an elephant". I really see a resemblance there! Then she proceeded to make him dance around on her plate until I reminded her that she needed to eat her elephant. Ba ha ha! That girlie!

They looked and tasted like pancakes.


Things I've Learned

  • Playing with your food is all fun and games until you are running terribly late trying to get kids out the door to take to school! Then it is still fun and a game for a 2 year old, but not for a stressed out mommy!
  • WEAR AN APRON!!!! Okay I get up at 5 am make coffee, make lunches, shower, get dressed, get my hair and makeup done, manage to get girls to make beds, use the potty, pick out clothes, brush teeth, get dressed, and get their hair done all before 7 am without spilling on my clothes. Less than 5 minutes cooking and I have a mysterious stain on my shirt. When will I learn to wear an apron!?!? So I go around all day with a stained shirt. Luckily my friends have children too, so I doubt they judged me too much. I still am wearing the shirt too. Ba ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment