Read the Recipe First


This morning I had every intention of waking up and making a breakfast souffle recipe. Then I woke up read the recipe and realized it had to sit overnight, so we had a breakfast dinner instead.

Breakfast Souffle
Breakfast Souffle Recipe
  • 5 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 lb. sausage links cut into 1/4 inch pieces
  • 6 slices bread cubed
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1 cup grated sharp cheese
    • Beat eggs, milk, salt, and mustard together. Place break cubes in a large bowl and pour liquid mixture over. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight. Fry sausages until brown. Place bread mixture into greased 9 x 13 pan. Arrange browned sausage on top. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 more minutes.
I did not put the crust of the bread in... I should have. I think it was too mushy tasting for us. We may have needed to cook another 10 minutes.

Should have made this last night.



Looked yummy!

Things I've Learned

  • Read the recipe the night before!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment