Love This Granola Recipe

I have been pretty excited since beginning to cook and bake more, but I have to admit this granola recipe has me the most excited! I feel like it could be a replacement for store bought granola bars. It is SOooo delicious! Plus, I love that I know that there isn't any weird ingredients like caramel color, sodium bicarbonate, corn syrup solids, etc.

Granola
Granola Recipe
    • Mix together in a large bowl:
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup coconut
  • 8 cups old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • dried fruit pieces
    • Heat on stove until sugar dissolves:
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/3 cup apple juice (concentrate)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 cup water
    • Pour liquid over dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Spread on cookie sheet. Cook 35-45 minutes at 300 degrees until golden brown. Stir often while baking. Store in air tight container.
I put in dried apples, dried blueberries, and ground up peanuts instead of almonds. I don't typically like coconut, but there was such a small amount that it wasn't even noticeable.



 It made a lot of granola! :-D



I put it in yogurt for breakfast.


Then had it like cereal for snack.

It is pretty good stuff!
Things I've Learned

  • I don't actually hate coconut!
  • You can have breakfast prepped for possibly weeks in a pretty short amount of time 15 minutes prep and an hour cooking (maybe a half hour if you put two cookie sheets in at a time).

No comments:

Post a Comment