Of Course Libby Wanted a Banana


Grandma Smith's Banana Bread
Banana Bread Recipe
  • 1 3/4 cup flours
  • 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. soda
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 2 Tbs. milk
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/4 cup chopped nuts
  • 2 eggs
    • Double to make two loaves. Spray pan with Pam. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes.


It was deliciously moist!

Libby decided yesterday that she wanted her monthly banana, so I only really had 1/2 cup of banana for the recipe. :-/ It still turned out good though.

In my house texture is kind of a thing, so I ground the nuts up really small!


Yummy!!!!



Things I've Learned

  • I have begun to find more and more that recipes like this are easier to mix if you just use your hands to mix the ingredients together. I feel like using a mixer, spatula, or spoon turns into a huge battle. Don't worry my hands were clean!
  • Also, I love using wax paper to line my bread pans. Pull it out and plop it's ready to go. So much easier than struggling to get bread out!

No comments:

Post a Comment