Bountiful Baskets- how to use a bunch of broccoli!

Bountiful Baskets

A couple weeks back, thanks to a group of friends, I started to contribute to receiving some vegetable and fruits from Bountiful Baskets. So far only 1 of the cucumbers has gone bad.

I contributed $21.50 and received:
1 grapefruit
5 oranges
6 red potatoes
2 peppers
1 pineapple
1 eggplant
some cherry tomatoes
some broccoli
2 onions
some strawberries
3 English cucumbers
1 zucchini


I grilled the eggplant and zucchini.




I actually ate the grapefruit. I don't normally eat grapefruit. I found a lot of sugar makes it not so sour.


Well today I decided to finally make a crock pot recipe in order to use the broccoli. I think this is only my 2nd crock pot recipe I have made in my life!

First, I used this recipe. Then, I added precooked rice right into the chicken soup mixture. Finally, I served on top of the above mentioned broccoli cooked. I had to keep the broccoli separate for the sake of my picky eaters.

My crock pot had dust in it. :-/


I had all this out and realized I didn't really need most of it at first. I never even used the cheese.









The delicious final product! Yum, yum, yum!



Things I've Learned

  • I love the smell of crock pot cooking! My whole house smells amazing!
  • I need to go with the longer cooking time (6 hours on low). The food was ready at 3, so I had dinner and 2nd dinner. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment