Banana Bread

A friend shared this recipe for me to try. Thanks Kelsi! :-D The girls and Jason helped me make it.

Banana Bread

Banana Bread Special Recipe
by Karma Benson Havre, MT
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups sifted flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. soda
  • 2 large ripe bananas
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup sugar (1/2 white & 1/2 brown)
    • Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, and eggs. Mix in mashed bananas and sour cream. Sift together flour, salt, and soda and add to mixture. Put batter into a wax paper lined large sized loaf pan. Sprinkle sugars and cinnamon mixture over top. Don't forget! Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

I did strawberry and banana flavored yogurt in place of the sour cream which worked out great. Also, the sugar topping I did 1/4 cup white and 1/4 cup brown with 1/4 tsp cinnamon (which was too much).

Libby helped take care of some old dishes that had been sitting in the sink all morning. Don't judge... it's a Sunday! 

Madison was pretty excited to help add ingredients in.

They helped squish bananas and add pre-scooped ingredients in.

They especially loved stirring together the brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon topping mixture.



Looks and tastes great! Jason and I made ourselves sick eating it almost all the way gone in just a few hours.



P.S. Finally went shopping yesterday! Yay supplies! 

I've never been a baker before though, so my cupboard is like a clown car right now.


Things I've Learned
  • I had 3 other voices in my head while trying to follow a recipe, add ingredients, make sure measurements are correct, get out correct measuring tools, make sure children aren't falling off chairs, make sure baking supplies are still out that I may need, and trying to get things into the trash. I feel like it was like cooking level legendary! Just like most video games it was not an easy task, but it was very fun.
  • I HAVE TO COOK RIGHT NEXT TO THE SINK!!!! Seriously, it makes a huge difference for me not being able to easily dispose of dishes or being closer to the trash.
  • I can substitute yogurt instead of sour cream. Who would have thought? Not me that's for sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment